August 1, 2018

Alison's 11th birthday!


We had a great day celebrating Alison.  Ben took the day off work and took Alison to get donuts first thing in the morning.  Then she opened presents.


She got a gift from everyone:
Ben gave her a GoPro camera (she wants to be able to take pictures at the beach)
I gave her Twister
Eli gave her a bunch of fun chapsticks
Colin gave her a bag of kit Kats
and Maya got her earrings.

The grandparents sent money and gift cards which she thought was SO cool.





We played a few rounds of Twister and then I took Alison to Old Navy to pick out a new shirt (a birthday shirt is still a requirement).


Then it was time to party!  Aveline and Bianca came over for a spa party :)
But first, Twister.  The game has changed since I was a kid and now you have to hold a foot or hand in the AIR.  I just need to play this game once a day and I'll be in great shape.


Alison requested a fruit and veggie tray and fruit punch as an appetizer.  The girls pretty much polished these off, which I found really impressive.


Here's where this birthday was different than any other.  Alison and I planned the spa party and we had a fun time getting the supplies and setting up.  However, once the girls got there, she didn't want any of us at the spa festivities.  I get it, but it was a little odd for this momma.  And the boys did not know what to do with themselves!  I am confident they would have jumped into the pampering, given the choice.  This was the only picture I was able to snap of their pampering, but I know they soaked their feet in a bubble bath, then painted nails, put on face masks and did little make-overs.


We set up a little backdrop for them to do a photo shoot when they were done.  I asked for one picture...


Then Alison asked if they could just take selfies.


I sure love these girls and am so thankful for the sweet friendship they have.

They finally came down when it was time for dinner; smoked ribs, cream corn, coleslaw and baked beans...all Alison's request.

This was also the first year that we bought a cake.  Alison has been eyeing this cake at Food City for a year and her Oreo cake tradition carries on.



It did not disappoint.

Her friends brought her presents too!  A jewelry and scrapbook kit and Alison has been enjoying some new crafts.


Happy Birthday Alison!  We love you!!!


1 comment:

edj3 said...

Oh my goodness, what a milestone birthday. She really looks so grown up (and selfishly I'm worried she's already taller than I am!).