August 5, 2018

This week

Eli has been on the lizard hunt.  He spent several days trying to catch one outside, but they were just too fast for him.  Ironically, one night as Ben was closing up the house, one ran right in front of him in our living room.  He put it in a container for Eli to have in the morning.  It was like Christmas for him!  I love this clip because it shows how most of our mornings are...Ben leaves for work and Alison and Colin are still sleeping.  The house is quiet and relaxed and I love it.



It took some work, but he got it in the bug catcher and then to an empty fish tank.


He kept the lizard for 2 days and then decided it was time to release it.


Sometimes I realize how much I tune out the boys playing simply because I hear it all the time, but when you stop and really listen to their games, it's often hilarious. I hope they always play like this together.  
(P.S. it's 115 and Eli is in a fleece pj shirt and jeans that are too small...whatever they were pretending to be, this was his "costume")

 

The library had a party for the end of the reading program and Alison won a prize for being one of the top readers!  The base library is tiny, but they know how to put on programs.


Just a few more months of heat and I think we'll make it through.  For now, we are accepting that days have to involve more down time.  The kids have been watching Full House while I workout and it cracks me up how they all love it.  Oh the hours I spent watching this show as a kid.


In the evening, Ben has been showing them a nature film and they take turns sitting in his lap and huddle around the computer.


We may be going a little stir crazy....evenings have also turned into magic shows and dance parties.
Colin's dancing may leave you speechless.

No comments: