August 19, 2018

This and That


There's nothing more exciting than friends coming over.

waiting for friends to arrive

And we have had a lot of them over recently!

Alison, Neveah and Kinley

Alison and Aveline

The White's and our neighbors also came over to play and we had another Chaplain's family over for dinner.  Hopefully the kids are feeling full of friends by now.


Maya has to say "good morning" to each person when they wake up.  I guess she was really missing Eli this morning:



Chicken potpie has been a favorite around here and when you make potpie in the desert, it must look like this:



Sometimes I just have to document what it's like to be a beanpole's mom.  All Colin wants to eat is veggies and hummus.  I wish I was joking.


I love it that he loves his veggies but I need to get some calories in him!  I'll offer chocolate
milk and he'll say "No thanks, I just want water." 

Okay Daniel.

So when he asked for Oreos, I quickly agreed and set them on the dinner table to give him incentive to eat the meat on his plate.


The next day Ben brought home vanilla wafers and Colin invented his own cookie-wafer topped with homemade whipped cream and you will not be sorry if you try it.


While most parents are asking how to get their kids to eat more veggies, I'm asking how to get him to eat less.


Alison and I had our own little treat and tried a bakery in town.



AND we started school!  We went to see a movie on the first day to keep things fun.  I don't think any of us were really ready to get back into routine, but going to a movie during a school week and having the place to ourselves, is a little reminder to us all why homeschooling rocks!  



No comments: