September 2, 2019

Sea World

The kids chose Sea World as their big end of school year celebration.  I wrote about this some on the other blog, but we had a big goal of reading as many books as we could this year and the kids went above and beyond to meet our goal.  We told them that we would do something big to celebrate all of their work and Sea World sounded just right to them.

It's still about 3 hours away for us, but LA traffic is always a gamble.  Thankfully we didn't have to sit for too long this day and made it there about lunch time.  We fueled up with Burger Lounge (still my favorite burgers, but I forgot how pricey they are) and then hit Sea World.  

We timed it just right, as schools just started back up and that meant no crowds for us!  Unfortunately it also meant all of the food stands were closed too, but we're not big on that stuff anyway, so it was okay.



I can see the beauty of repeating adventures.  I feel like we were able to relax more and enjoy it because we were already familiar with what was there and knew what we wanted to do and see.





 I know there's a lot of haters of Sea World, but I LOVE it.  It's so amazing to see these animals up close.  Plus, we're studying sea life in science this year, so it was the perfect way to kick off our new year.

 

 Ben convinced us all to go on the virtual simulation ride of a helicopter crash.  No one barfed, so it was a win.


 I was going to say the penguins were a favorite, but I think everything was a favorite.

 

 

There also weren't as many shows playing, but we still got to see the dolphin show.  This was for sure my favorite...I was way more excited than the kids.  Eli was the most excited about the cotton candy we found for a "snack".




 

Alison got a slushy...we could find a lid and Californians are against straws, so her paper straw was melting with the slushy...but she said it was yummy.




I don't think they do much with the Orcas anymore, but it's still pretty cook to be this close to a killer whale.


 

 
 
We ended at the play place


and picked out souvenirs.


As I'm writing this post, we start our new year tomorrow and I'm realizing that I should probably have a new goal....maybe we'll do that every other year ;)

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Sea World looks amazing (although, sorry Ben, I would have to pass on the simulated helicopter crash).