May 17, 2020

Exciting stuff

On Mother's Day, I took myself to the beach and spent the afternoon reading and relaxing.  Eli, however, was sad that I went without him.  So yesterday we went on a little date to the beach.  It was even more wonderful with him there. 


 I've been saying for a long time that I want to hike more.  When quarantine first started, I thought, "This is great, now I have all this time to hike!"...and then they closed down all the trails.  And then rattlesnake season began...
Ben offered to go with me; he needs practice to climb Mt. Whitney in a few months anyway.  Now that we're in "Phase 2", the parking lots to trails are closed, but there were A LOT of people still hiking them.  It was a hard hike, but so fun!
Behind us is Point Mugu


 After we did our home church service, Alison and I went to Target to get some essentials.  We had to wait in a line to get in (they are only allowing a certain number of people in the store at one time), but once we walked in, I froze.  I said, "Alison!  The tape is all down!" and she said, "Wait.  Does this mean we can buy anything?!?!" It felt like Christmas and you better believe people were shopping like it was Christmas.  I was just so excited that I could actually buy clothes, something we have really been needing.
Just to document Target without tape up, but still wearing masks:


No comments: