May 15, 2020

Getting creative

Ben had to record a sermon for the chapel and needed the house to be quiet, so the kids and I went to Point Mugu.  I wasn't sure if the beach was open, but was very excited to see that it was and we could sit!  All other beaches in California are closed and you can only walk by them (there is absolutely no sitting or bringing anything onto the beach).  We picked up In-N-Out on the way and the boys packed bags of reading and drawing to do while we were there.  It wasn't long before they were playing in the sand and Alison and I went for a couple of walks along the water.  It was nice to feel "normal" for an afternoon.


Alison has been creating her own Starbuck's drinks and acai bowls.
 

And  taking lots of pictures of Maya.  I'm pretty sure I have more pictures of Maya on my phone than my kids.


I told Colin to make himself lunch one day and this is what he made: seaweed, avocado and bell peppers wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla.  And he devoured 2 of them and absolutely loved it.


This is how Eli does lunch:

 

 With a book open and leftover spaetzles.


We went to the park for the afternoon 2 days this week.  We still can't play on the equipment, but the kids had a blast just climbing trees, riding bikes, playing with sticks and attempting to fly a kite.
Colin is growing his hair out like daddy for the quarantine.




I made fruit ice cream this week.  My dad made this when I was a kid and it was always a favorite.  I was so excited that it tasted exactly as I remember it...it was delicious!


2 comments:

edj3 said...

That photo of Colin with his hair kind of blowing (where you said he's growing his hair like Ben)? I did a double take because wow he looks like Ben so much there.

Jen Shear said...

He is for sure looking more like Ben every day!