May 6, 2020

Celebrating our weird normal

Eli finished math!
We picked up Chick-fil-A and had a picnic to celebrate.



And Alison finished her Jr. High Language Arts class through CASA.  I have to completely gush on her in a minute, but first, we went to the Exchange to do a little shopping (aka the only place that we are able to buy anything other than food).


It is also the only place I can buy clothes right now and these two will not stop growing, so we had to buy some clothes, as well as a few birthday presents, on top of the fun treats they picked for finishing up some classes so well.
{We were required to wear masks to get on base and to enter any building on base}
{Also noting that I filled up the car while there for $2.49/gallon and it was the first time I had filled ups since March}

When we got home, I made Alison triple chocolate chip cookies.  I just couldn't get over how proud I was of her.


And here's why.  
That morning, we were low on easy breakfast options, so I cooked up some sausage, potatoes and eggs.  Right as I was finishing, Alison got up and asked if we could snuggle for a minute so we sat down on the couch.  Then she asked what time it was.  I looked at the clock and asked her what day it was.  I don't even know what day it is anymore!!!  It was 8:52 on Tuesday.  I jumped up and said, "AH!  It's 8:52 and you have your last class in 8 MINUTES!!!"  We were both still in our pajamas and she hadn't even taken a bite of breakfast.  But, she didn't panic.  She just calmly got dressed, brushed her teeth and put her breakfast on her desk to eat when she was done with class.  I, on the other hand, was running around crazy, asking her questions...to which she calmly answered all of them.  She had completely, on her own, prepared for her last class which entail presenting a book report over zoom.  If it had been left to me, she would have missed the class and not had a report ready.
So, my little rockstar starts her class and then, oh yea, Ben gets on his conference call because it's Tuesday at 9:00.  This is picture of our weird normal life.


Yes, the boys have been playing more xbox together, because we haven't been allowing them to play outside with the neighbor kids and in efforts to keep them a little quieter while daddy is on calls. Our days have been juggling Ben doing counseling over the phone and us trying to get a little school done and a little bit more complicated food situation and trying to convince ourselves it's not Saturday.

I got a text from Alison's tutor shortly after their class.  She said Alison did an amazing job on her presentation, she was very impressed by her work and she gave her an A+.  It was a well deserved A+.  I literally did not even her report or have her practice her presentation or even listen to the class...it was ALL her and I am so proud of her.  Also proud for how well she's done at her first (in a long time) class outside of our home.  Okay, gush done.


No comments: