April 23, 2008

Let the cleaning begin!


The past two days have been crazy! The Realtor came yesterday to take pictures of the house and the phone could ring at any minute of someone wanting to come look at the house. So I've been frantically trying to clean and organize. Sure, it sounds easy enough. But the rough and tumble play has really helped Alison want to move and the cute scooting has taking a whole new life. Today I was reminded of the time my dad convinced me to get in a box with him and slide down the stairs. We can laugh about today, but at the time I only remember broken glasses and my dad saying, "maybe that wasn't such a good idea." I had an empty diaper box that I was going to use to store some of the many things I'm trying to cram into our attic to make our house appear larger. Alison wasn't liking the idea of being in the living room by herself while I worked on the kitchen cabinets so I plopped her in the box and put some toys in with her. I took her on a little train ride around the kitchen and was pretty impressed with my brilliant idea. Alison certainly enjoyed playing in the box, especially the end when she got to chew on the lid and watch the kitten try to chew his way in.

No comments: