April 29, 2008

Little Blessings

I love seeing how God blesses us in little ways in our daily life.

When I got home from work yesterday Ben greeted me by saying he had some bad news. A couple of evenings ago he went outside to take some pictures of our pond. He puts a lot of work into our fish and the landscaping of the yard and it always looks incredible. Well, he caught a glimpse of the camera still sitting outside as he was walking to the car and suddenly realized he had left it out for a couple of days--and it had rained a lot. He took it inside and dried it up. Amazingly it works just like new. I guess you know you have a great camera when it can sit outside for two days in the rain and still work.

Ben decided it was 'Daddy spoil their daughter' Day yesterday. I came home to find Alison standing with this toy that had a microphone and plays dance music. There were many other random toys that I'm still not sure how they work or what their purpose is. But who am I to rain on 'Daddy spoil daughter' Day?

Finally our day ended with a long awaited blessing. We got our electricity fixed!!! We've been living for several months with only half the electricity working. We've had several people say they were coming to fix it and then never come. I mentioned something at work and one of the girl's has a cousin who is an electrician. He called me shortly after work and asked if he could come over. He had the whole house fixed in half an hour and when I asked him how much we owed him he said, "$35.00." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I thought he surely meant $3,500. After he left I was so excited I couldn't contain myself. I wanted to call everyone I knew and tell them my exciting news, but I knew everyone would think I was nuts for being so excited about electricity. I forgot the luxury of turning on lights and oh, how nice it is to flip and switch have lights in the bathroom!

No comments: