April 22, 2008

Taking a Chance


Our house is officially on the market. I could never imagine the day when we'd be able to put that big blue sign up in our yard. We always said that we would live in this house as long as we were in Michigan, but to be truthful I was never too crazy about the house. A couple of weeks ago Ben and I came to a crossroads in our life. We new something needed change and debated about several avenues we could take. At work one day I was looking at some houses the bank was doing loans for and quickly learned that it's a great time to buy. I told Ben that evening that if we decided to stay in Michigan for a little bit longer I would like to consider moving to a better neighborhood. So I casually asked my boss about a loan and she was quick to say they'd give us a great deal. Then I casually asked our realtor about the reality of selling our house and she thought we could easily sell our house and find a house. After talking a long time about life and the future, we decided that it's the best decision to stay in Michigan a little while longer and try to get into a better neighborhood. So we're taking a chance in the market where it's not a good time to sell, but a great time to buy.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Wowzers! I hope your house sells quickly :)