April 16, 2008

Rough and Tough

We just got home from hopefully the second to last Physical Therapy appointment. We've been going for 5 months now and I'm ready to be done. Alison started going to fix her Torticollis and now she's working on getting up to par on her motor skills. Most kids who've had torticollis are a little behind in skills because of their weaker muscles. Alison is certainly strong and actually is ahead in several areas, but she has a huge fear of movement. Today our therapist asked if Ben rough houses with Alison at all and as I thought about it, we really aren't that "aggressive" with her. Maybe it's because she's a girl. Maybe it's because I really don't think it's fun to throw my baby in the air or swing her around by her feet. So I was instructed today to start throwing and swinging my baby. I feel like I need to take a class-Throwing Babies 101. And while I know most kids would laugh and smile while their parents were flying them through the air, I know that mine will cry the whole way through. There's just something ironic about that picture. I'm going to have the only child in the world who's afraid to play at recess.

No comments: