May 15, 2008

First trip to the Zoo


Alison and I went with some other moms and their kiddos this morning to the zoo. Alison had a friend her same age but all of the other kids were old enough to appreciate the animals-Alison couldn't have cared less. She spent the entire time watching people which is one of her favorite things to do. I tried to get some pictures of Alison in her stroller and an animal in the background but every time the animal would move and Alison would start trying to eat the stroller (her top teeth are coming in so everything is a chew toy).

There's a camel somewhere in that background.
We had a lot of fun walking around the park and I fully appreciated Alison not crawling yet as I watched all of the other kids running around and their mom's chasing after them. Believe me, I know we'll be there some day, but it's nice to have some time when she just sits and watches. As we were leaving the park I noticed Alison got really quiet. I looked down and found this...I guess it's hard work looking at lots of kids.

No comments: