May 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!


I learned today that Alison thinks the "Happy Birthday" song is very funny, especially the end. Laughter can be the best present sometimes. Ben surprised me last night with a date out. He asked one of our friends to come over while Alison was in bed and we went out to dinner and a movie. We got free desert because our dinner was a little late getting to the table (we tried to tell them we didn't mind sitting and talking) and he let me pick what movie we went to see. I picked the only chick flick out right now and although it wasn't a very good movie, I enjoyed every minute of Ben sitting there next to me. I felt like we were in high school again.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Aw what a great picture of you and Alison! I didn't call yesterday because I know Sundays can be really crazy for you guys. Sounds like you had a fantastic birthday :-)