September 5, 2008

Alison's first ponytail!!!




Alison's hair has been growing like crazy and we're so excited for her to have "little girl" hair soon.
Alison and I both got colds this week and have been cooped up in the house. When I'm sick I just want to lay on the couch and watch movies, and when Alison's sick all she wants to do is sit in her princess chair and watch Elmo. If I hear the Elmo theme song one more time I think I'll puke.

It never ceases to amazes me how Alison picks things up. She got a toy boat for the bathtub for her birthday that has a shape sorter on it. She has figured out how to put the shapes in yesterday (during our long afternoon bath trying to vaporize all the snot out) and tonight while I was filling up the water she picked up one of the circles and put it under the spout to fill it up with water and then drank it. Besides her love for water, I thought it was very intuitive of her. However, this has a bad side of it. I started babysitting Mackenzie, who's 5 months old. When Mackenzie comes over, Alison all of the sudden wants all of the chew toys and rattles and wants to roll all over the floor. Why in the world was she not doing this when she was supposed to?! I can't keep Mackenzie from rolling over. I lay her down and she flips over and then screams because she doesn't want to be on her tummy. Alison never did that! I couldn't ever get her to roll....until now...when she should be walking.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Aw look at her little ponytail! I sure hope she ends up with hair like yours, Jen. You've got the most beautiful hair :-)

Ben loved the Winnie the Pooh movie when he was little, as did Jordan. I could probably still recite every line in that movie. In fact I still think to myself "tut tut, looks like rain" when it starts to rain.