September 12, 2008

Amelia Bedilia

I remember reading Amelia Bedilia books when I was a kid and the past 2 days I've felt like I was living in one of her stories. I took Alison to the park to play on the big yellow slides, but there were bees! Yikes! So we went for a walk along the lake, but there were tons of not so dressed MEN laying out in the sun to tan (um, awkward). I got an important phone call while on the walk and soon after I answered a woman walking behind me burst into song. She had headphones on and was joyfully singing along with the music. It was terrible and I couldn't seem to shake her. I tried several ploys to get her to pass me, but nothing worked and my entire conversation had an obnoxious singer in the background.
We left the park and headed to Kroger. A lady from church runs the floral section which happens to be right in front of the doors you walk in. She spotted us and asked if she could give Alison a balloon. Alison definitely burst her bubble when she cried as the balloon was handed to her. We brought it home and the cats lost a couple of pounds playing with the string.





On to today. I knew today was going to be busy and we would be out all day, but I was not prepared for the adventures that were to come. We headed out and Alison was munching on some crackers (I learned this morning that she hates real oatmeal. Baby oatmeal=good, real oatmeal=quickly spit it all over the floor). I handed her a sippy cup full of applejuice. A couple of minutes later I took it back and found only a few drops were left. I thought she must have been super thirsty and was wondering what I was going to give her the rest of the day. We got to our first destination and I went to take her out of the car seat. She was completely drenched from head to toe, including the seat, in applejuice. So much for being a spill proof cup! Thankfully our good friend Jesse let us borrow some clothes, but that also meant she wore boy clothes all day!

We eventually got home and I just took everything off so we didn't get the borrowed clothes any dirtier. Ben got home soon after and we spent some time in the living room playing. Walking seemed to really click with Alison tonight and she was doing wonderfully! We took her outside to pick some raspberries. She loves standing there eating as much as she can get her hands on. She surprised us by walking up and down the path and we were so excited to see her doing so well. I was having fun video taping but it's sideways. Why, oh why, do I turn the stupid thing sideways! I was turning off the camera and Ben said, "Would you mind getting Alison before she..." and then kurplunk! Before he could finish his sentence Alison faceplanted on the cement. I scooped her up and ran inside to clean her up. Her face was all scraped up along with a big scratch down her back and leg and she was covered in dirt. I put her in the bath and we talking about how dumb we are for taking her outside to walk around when she just started walking, like 5 minutes ago. Oh, what were we thinking! But the story doesn't end there.

Alison's laying in the tub and I'm washing her off, when out of nowhere, Milo falls into the bathtub on top of Alison. He used Alison as his springboard and left big scraps down her legs. I scooped her out of the tub, yelled for Ben, and sat there to cuddle a very sad little girl. I just felt terrible. I totally understand she's going to have some bumps and bruises, but tonight there was way too much blood for my liking.
We just made some scones using the berries we picked and everything came out great. At least we ended the day on a good note. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Poor girl, I hope she's had a better day today. Is Milo fascinated with the water? I'm trying visualize where he was to fall into the tub (silly cat).