June 14, 2009

Trumpet


I am so thankful I married a musical man, especially one who is patient and wants to teach. Ben plays music everyday when he gets home from work and Alison can't wait for that time of day. The other day she kept asking to play daddy's trumpet. I thought it was cute but was totally shocked when she actually could play the trumpet. The first part of this movie does not give Alison's little singing voice justice. She can sing all of the song but of course stopped singing as soon as the camera was out.
Alison was so tired from church today that she fell asleep after one bite of lunch. She took a great nap and woke up with a bit of spunk to her. I was in the middle of a Wii game and she came out of her room looking like this. She wanted to wear her fleece pajamas (it was in the 70's here, definitely not fleece time) so bad, but kept putting them on backwards.
Ben left this morning for 2 weeks! He's in Florida for class and all I can think about is how long 2 weeks is. I'm hoping it goes by quickly.

4 comments:

katherine said...

Very cute. I'm looking forward to when Anna can sing. She's getting better about the talking. She actually calls music "yasic" or "yadic"instead of "yaya" now.

You're a great mom and my prediction is that you will have a wonderful two weeks with Alison all to yourself but I'm sure you'll be glad when Ben returns.

edj3 said...

Katherine is right, you are a fantastic mother! I love it that Alison is getting exposed to all sorts of musical instruments--bet she learns to play them early too.

Jen Shear said...

miss you!

Andrea said...

first I like the new blog look so yea Ben...second oh my gosh Alison is so cute! I love the trumpet playing!!!