June 23, 2009

We've made it to week 2!

Ben said he expected some pictures today, so here they are.
We've been keeping busy, but are very ready for daddy to come home. Friday we went to the zoo with some friends. It was a lot more fun this summer, now that Alison can recognize the animals and is excited to see them. Some friends from Hope brought over a little swimming pool for Alison on Sunday. They had their van loaded up of stuff to take to the DAV, but ended up leaving several things here. Alison wasn't too fond of the fountain at first, but within a couple of minutes was drinking out of the hose. I let her do it for awhile because she's been afraid of water coming out of the hose (like when we wash the cars or water the plants) and I have a lot of memories as a kid, drinking out of the hose and chasing my dad around the yard trying to squirt him. But then I remember kids can't drink the water in Smithfield, so I had to put a stop to it.
One of the new toys Alison received was a little drum. Really, the little clip at the end is for Ben. Alison seems to pick up music really easy. I never showed her how to hold the drumsticks or hit the drum, she just did it. She's been getting words down to songs really well this week too. Unfortunately one of them is the Barney song. Smoochie woke Alison up much earlier than I believe anyone should be up, so I confess that I turned on PBS and took a little nap. Now I know why Barney is so popular. By the end of the show Alison was singing, "I love you, you love me..." It is kind of cute though, because she gives me a big hug and kiss at the end.

2 comments:

katherine said...

That pool looks like fun! Anna keeps asking to watch more wet so I guess I need to stop leaving a comment and go play the video again. =)

edj3 said...

Man she's got the bluest eyes ever.