January 17, 2010

26 weeks

26 weeks isn't really a big milestone, but it was a changing week for me. 2 more weeks left of the 2nd trimester...only 2! I returned to the Y this week after a week of vacation and found everything to be different. I think I can say I'm officially done running. It was hard for me to admit it and I'm dreading getting back into it after baby boy comes. The baby got nestled nice and low this week and wedged himself against my bladder and spinal cord. Oh, I forgot to mention that this little guy is always turned backwards and kicks my back instead of my belly. Ben has only felt him move twice because he always has his back out. Needless to say, my back started hurting this week, but I tried prenatal Yoga yesterday and found it super helpful. I'm thankful that this is the first time in this whole pregnancy that I've had a complaint and am looking forward to 14 more weeks of getting ready for our little guy.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

I bet the prenatal yoga really does help a lot--and it probably will make things easier when you deliver the lil Mr. Peanut. Can you tell a difference in how low you carry him from the front? Jordan was super high, I could put only a finger between the top of my belly and my chest but with Ben I could put my entire hand flat there.

Jen Shear said...

My sister did yoga and said it's supposed to make delivery much easier...she had Maggie in an hour naturally, so apparently it worked for her. I'm hoping to get the same result. I can tell a big difference in how I'm carrying him. WAY lower than Alison...I can fit a my whole hand on my belly before touching him. There are times it feels like his foot is in my leg. I think I prefer carrying higher-atleast my bladder does.