January 12, 2010

Kansas

We started out our trip to Kansas stuck in the Virginia airport. We were never told why our plane was 2 hours late, but needless to say we missed our connecting flight in Detroit and were stuck for the night. I couldn't really complain though. I suspected we'd be stuck and pack some extra clothes for me and Alison. The airlines paid for our dinner, breakfast and hotel. The biggest perk: I got to see Julie and Andrea! We're all pregnant with #2, due in April and having boys. I so thankful they were willing to drive down to our hotel really late at night. I definitely don't miss all the snow and dreariness of Michigan, but I for sure miss these girls.


We finally arrived in Kansas the next day and soon got to meet Maggie.
She is the most precious baby and I just love being an aunt!











Grandma told Alison that she's not allowed to ask for snow ever again. Her wish came true and it snowed pretty much every day. It was too cold to let the girls go out for more than 3 minutes at a time, but they loved every second of those 3 minutes. Grandpa helped Alison build several snowmen and Aunt Beth taught her how to make a snow angel.










We spent a lot of time just sitting by the fire, working on puzzles and watching the kiddos play. We even got Ben in on the puzzles! It was exactly how vacation should be in my books.

We also celebrated my Dad's birthday while we were there. Alison was very excited to help Grandma bake the cake, put the candles in and help Grandpa blow them out.










Our week was full of seeing friends and catching up. It was so refreshing and made me long to live closer so we could see everyone more frequently.





No comments: