February 6, 2010

'A' is for ME!


We've started working on learning letters. My goal is to focus on one letter a week, so naturally we started with 'A'. I hadn't intended on starting our 'A' activities until Monday, but Alison was anxious to read our A books from the library, so we got a little head start. We told her the sound the letter 'A' makes and that Alison starts with 'A'. My little sponge caught on very quickly...except if you ask her what 'A' is for, she says, "ME!". 'M' is for mommy, just doesn't cut it as an explanation. She very clearly gets 'B' is for baby brother, 'D' is for daddy and can even sight read the words ant and box, but 'A' is still for me.

We have continued to go swimming once a week, but had to miss our "date" this week because we were out shopping for baby brother's bedding. We thought it would be a good idea to take her this morning when Ben could get in with her. It was a great idea in theory, except I forgot to pack his swimsuit. I still got in with for a few minutes, but she definitely needs some time with her daddy in the water. She's always been a water baby, but for some reason has become more timid about swimming (although you wouldn't be able to tell by the way she talks non-stop about going to the pool).

Here's the baby's new bedding. For some reason I get really excited about baby bedding. It's crazy, I know.
My goal was to just piece together the bedding instead of buying the expensive packages. It was a challenge, and one that's not over yet. This was the only single bumper I was able to find. I really like it and got a matching changing pad cover. I like the animal theme and was really excited to find the mobile. For some reason the mobile became a necessity for us with Alison-we used it ALL the time. My only hang up now is that I can't find a bed skirt or lamp shade. I also need some stuff to hang on the walls and am trying to come up with some creative not-expensive ideas. They had some cute wooden animals to hang on the wall at BabiesRUs, but they were crazy expensive. Sure, we got all that stuff for Alison, but #2 is a whole other story.

It was a snowy day today and perfect for snuggling and watching basketball. Alison had the life: a warm daddy who fed her fruit snacks and milk while a kitty kept her feet warm (I can't keep socks on her feet for longer than 5 minutes so Milo was really helping me out).

No comments: