February 1, 2010

Snowed in


A big snow storm hit Virginia on Saturday. The storm was the talk of the town the week before and to be honest, I thought nothing of it. In the back of my head, I had plans to go baby shopping because I knew we'd only get a few flurries and everyone would be bunkered down in their houses. As it turns out, it snowed hard all day Saturday and we got about 5-6 inches. The whole town shut down, schools were canceled through Tuesday and church was even canceled. While I usually would have enjoyed being stuck at home with my family, Ben was in Kansas hunting and it just wasn't the same without him. I took Alison out Sunday to play. At first she was pretty timid and didn't want to walk without holding my hand. But after awhile she was chasing me around the yard, making snow angels and throwing snowballs. Our yard is now full of carrots because she wanted each snow angel to have a nose. I'm starting to go slightly stir crazy, but am trying to enjoy some down time with Alison. We broke out some flash cards and Alison thought it was the best game ever. I was shocked how quickly she picked up on some new concepts. Of course colors are her favorite, because she knows them the best, but she did really well working on shapes and numbers. Ben is home for the morning before leaving again for work and Alison was very excited to show him her new matching game.

1 comment:

Kent J said...

I love the little impish grin on her face after she picks up the snow and realizes she can throw it at you. So cute.