February 1, 2010

Time is going by too fast!

Hello 3rd trimester!
I had a doctors appointment last week and the baby and I are still 100% healthy. I did realize at this appointment that they have my due date as April 24th instead of the 25th. I know it's only a day, but I thought I would mention it for those of you who have this baby's due date marked on your calendar. We have intentions to be ready for this baby early so we don't repeat the chaos we went through with Alison. If this baby comes when I went into labor with Alison, he'll be here in less than 8 weeks. The doctors have assured me that if I go into labor after 34 weeks they'll let me deliver the baby. They also told me this last visit that they too are planning on me having him early, since they feel like that's just my history, who I am and probably what's going to happen again. I have a lot to get done in the next 8 weeks, but ironically I feel like I'm nesting more for Alison than for the baby. I think we may have a name for the little guy, but I'm going to have to leave you all in suspense until he gets here.

Happy 2 1/2 Alison!


We celebrated Alison's half birthday tonight with some cupcakes. They were, as Alison correctly put it, delicious! Though I could live without the million questions I hear in this 2 1/2 year old stage, there are a lot of things I wouldn't change in the world. Like how she says, "I 'scuze please" when she's done with dinner or how she always wants to cuddle when she's wrapped up in her towel after a bath. I love the excitement in her eyes when we find a new princess book and how she'll sit with me in bed and talk about how life is going to be when baby brother comes (according to Alison, it involves a princess balloon and a new rocking horse). The past 2 1/2 years has been a blast...here's to many more half birthdays!


No comments: