March 22, 2010

We're so excited!

So many things to be excited for!

First, Alison was super excited to receive a present in the mail this week from my sweet friend Lydia. New Tinkerbell bedding makes any princess happy.

We took Alison to her first Easter egg hunt yesterday. She was very excited to find the candy inside the eggs. She was not so much excited about the Easter bunny-petrified would be a better way to describe her feelings towards him.

It was so nice this weekend and we were excited to finally have space to play outside. I am so thankful we're able to be in this house and am looking forward to spending lots of time as a family in our backyard. Some of our friends handed down this play equipment to Alison this weekend and we couldn't keep her off it. I realized yesterday that Alison is this really unique blend of me, my sister and Ben. She wants nothing more than to be wearing a pink dress and Tinkerbell shoes, but she wants to spend the day outside, riding her bike, playing soccer and climbing trees. And then she throws in this really goofy side of her that I can't even explain, other than it all comes from her daddy. I'm excited to see my little girl grow in character and learn more about who she is.

I'm excited for good friends and family coming next week and can't wait to meet little Alexandria!

Finally, we're excited to meet baby brother! I can't believe he'll be here in a few short weeks!

3 comments:

CaraBrown said...

How sweet of Lydia! You have good people in your life!
I can't wait to meet this new little guy!

edj3 said...

Kent and I are super excited to be coming to see you so soon. Please please put us to work and let us help spoil you all :-)

Jen Shear said...

We can't wait for you guys to be here, Elizabeth! It will spoil us enough you just being here.