March 2, 2010

What a character!

Alison and Daddy are starting swim lessons on Saturday...apparently that's just not soon enough. Sunday night Ben and I were prepping for our first small group meeting and to entertain herself Alison dug out her swimming stuff. Notice the tights still on from church and the swimsuit that's on backwards.

One morning Alison discovered my nail polish and decided it was time for some pampering. I feel like I have to tell Alison no so much lately simply because I physically cannot do what she's asking, so I've tried to make an extra effort to do some special things with her. I helped her paint my fingers and toes and then painted hers. She was so proud of her pretty nails. No matter how many times I told her the paint was dry, she still insisted on holding her hands out in the air all day. She even tried to paint Daddy's nails while he was sleeping-she almost got away with it because I was laughing too hard. I explained that boys don't wear nail polish and that it's something special mommy's get to do with their daughters. I'm not sure she quite got the concept. Today I put her hand on my belly and told her that she was feeling baby brother's foot. She asked if he had pretty toes.

2 comments:

Kent J said...

She's so cute it makes me ache. Thank you for being so faithful with posting. It really helps us to stay connected.

edj3 said...

He's right, it really does. I love how she's such a little nut :-)