April 10, 2010

38 Weeks


As I was lying in bed, wide awake at 4am this morning, I realized really how different me and my sister truly are and it made me a little sympathetic to this #2 coming soon. How come it always seems the older child gets life easier? Beth has 2 beautiful daughters and when she went into labor, she just thought, "Oh, I think I'm in labor" and leisurely took a shower and ate some food and then ventured to the hospital to naturally deliver a baby half an hour later. Me...I know I'm dilated to 3 centimeters (which most women get to when they're in real labor in the hospital and know the baby is coming within the next few hours) and think I'm in labor for a MONTH and still there is a what feels like 20 pound baby inside of me. So not fair!

2 comments:

edj3 said...

You still look fantastic--which is entirely unfair. You should look at bloated and cow-like but nope, you don't.

Here's hoping Mr. Peanut shows soon.

katherine said...

There's nothing fun about being wide awake at 4am in the morning, but I'm fairly sure life only looks easier for first born children if you're not a first born child. :) Your little guy will be here soon! Hang in there. I hope he's easier than mine b/c otherwise pregnancy and labor might look like a piece of cake compared to having a newborn.