April 5, 2010

Easter

I absolutely love Easter and this year was one of the best. Elizabeth and Kent flew down for the weekend and Tim, Abby, Alexandria, Roger and Betty Lou came for Sunday.

Alison and I wore our matching dresses (she kept calling them our Easter costumes) and I was so thankful to have something cool to wear-it got really warm and I don't have any maternity shorts. It makes me laugh how my belly rests on Alison's head when she stands in front of me.


Ben led an awesome worship service and I was so thankful to be able to worship with our friends and family. After church, Ben "hid" eggs out in the yard for Alison and we gave her an Easter basket. I admit, I went a little overboard. I started accumulating things early just in case baby brother came in an untimely manor. Well, he stayed put and her basket was a little out of control. We did get a classic quote out of it though. Last year we gave Alison a peep and got a pretty funny facial reaction out of her. After her requesting "pee pee's" this year, we decided to make it a tradition. This year she put the peep in her mouth and Ben asked her what it tasted like. Alison's response: chicken.We had a fabulous dinner, complete with a smoked chicken and a Smithfield ham. We spent the afternoon relaxing and talking and then enjoyed some lemonade pie. It was a perfect day in my books.

Alison sporting her new flower hat


Yesterday we went for a walk with Elizabeth and Kent and enjoyed some more absolutely beautiful weather. It's kind of odd for me to think that this might be our last picture as a family of 3.
I was spoiled this weekend by all the help around. Ben cooked all the meals (which were amazing!) and whatever sides he needed help with, someone would jump in and make. Elizabeth and Betty Lou did massive amounts of dishes, there was always someone playing with Alison and Abby even helped me fold laundry. It was so nice to have people around. If I dropped something, someone would offer to pick it up. If Alison needed help or a lift, someone would jump in and take care of it. I haven't rested so much in my entire pregnancy! At the time it was hard for me-I didn't feel like myself and like the worst host in the entire world. But as I look back, I know it's exactly what I needed. I'm in a world of hurt today as everyone is gone and Ben is back at work.

2 comments:

CaraBrown said...

Sounds like an incredible weekend! Glad the weather was nice for it too!

edj3 said...

I wish we could have helped more. It was such a nice visit.