January 27, 2011

In just a matter of hours


Katherine, you were right. You should never, ever tempt mischief. In just a few short hours after Eli took his first scootches forward, he quickly found his love for adventure. He rapidly became faster, more curious and into everything. I heard, "Mommy! Eli's eating Cinderella!". I rescued the pristine Little House on the Prairie books I have sweetly placed in Alison's room (which she has never once touched) from being torn to shreds. I dug pompom pieces out of his mouth. He's grabbed picture frames and wacked them on his head, chewed on electrical cords and knocked over a humidifier. His favorite adventure is to find Smoochie and torture him.
He thinks it's hilarious to yank on Smoochie's tail and pull him by his feet through the play room. Smoochie just lays there and purrs.

When he's not chasing the cat or finding some plastic to chew on, he's pulling himself up on something. Seriously, in a matter of a day, he's changed this much. I don't even have time to finish writing about his mischief, because as I speak, he's crawling down the hallway with my slipper in his mouth...oh, I'm so not ready for this.

4 comments:

katherine said...

Well, it's a good thing God made Him cute because with a face like that how could you be mad? I think your tolerance for mischief will grow considerably over the next couple of weeks so that you won't even think twice about the slipper in his mouth. You'll have to save your energy for when he tries to stick a pen into the electrical socket after unplugging the lamp or something similar. :) I'm glad you have such an amazing cat.

edj3 said...

Welcome to the wacky world of boys. And yes, they get into EVERYTHING. In fact, when they get quiet is when you should be nervous.

Kent J said...

I aspire to have as much patience as Smoochie.

Vanessa said...

Was Alison not this mischievous? I only know what my boy is like and the mischief he finds never ceases to amaze us. Get ready :)