January 6, 2011

Letter M

We're back to school! I realized I've slacked some on my school posts. I somehow lost all of my school plans on my computer, so I really have to be faithful to the posts now.

This week we read If you give a moose a muffin, made 'moose munch' (popcorn, pretzels, peanuts and M&M's) and had a snack party with Mr. Moose, Mr. Monkey and Minnie Mouse.

We made a 'M' mountain craft, played an animal matching game and a princess memory game. She has improved remarkably in the last few weeks on tracing letters and we worked some more on learning opposites. We also did math with M&M's...which leads me to our biggest lesson this week-obeying MOMMY! We were in the middle of math and I told Alison to finish the page we were on while I went to the bathroom. I came back to the page empty and Alison's mouth was crammed full of M&M's. I tried to play 'monkey say, monkey do' but she just wanted to boss ME around. She also had several meltdowns about her clothes not being "fancy" enough and I got a long talk about how boys wear "clearly" (aka plain) clothes. So we had to spend some time learning how to obey, with a smile on her face, mommy when I tell her to put some clothes on. It's been a hard lesson for me too. Ben is so good at calmly convincing her that her clothes are cute, but I quickly get frustrated with her which only makes it worse.

bible stories: Moses (Exodus 16-18), Mary and Martha (Luke 10)
songs: Mary had a little lamb, She'll be coming around the mountain
movies: Veggie Tales: Minnesota Cuke
books: I'm Mighty!, Mean Machines, Materials, Music in the night, Mountain Goats, Milk

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love love love this. Would have been great to get a picture of her with the M&Ms in her mouth, but running to get the camera would have probably undermined the whole obey mommy lesson :)

And I was the same way as Alison regarding outfits. My mom used to try to dress me, and I'd tell her what she picked out was ugly. She let me dress myself from then on :) Good luck!

edj3 said...

You have no idea how much Kent loves that "give a moose a muffin" stuff.

Kent J said...

He will surely eat it!