January 1, 2011

Doesn't she look cute?

I thought so. Yesterday morning Alison asked if she could wear this top and a skirt. So I put together this outfit and I thought it looked pretty good. Alison did not think so. She had a complete meltdown when I put the skirt on her. "But it's not my favorite color!!!" I just had to laugh at the situation and wondered if any other mommy's of daughters went through this. I was duking it out with my 3 year old over a green skirt. I laughed even harder when we walking up to the Y and I noticed the skirt falling down. Great. I made her wear a skirt she hated AND it was too big. We made it through the morning and when we got home I told her she could wear whatever she wanted. This is what she chose:
Pink, from head to toe...eating a peanut butter sandwich with provolone cheese and grapes on top. Eli thought big sister was pretty funny too.

That afternoon I took her outside to burn off some pent up energy. I built my first ever snowman all by myself and Alison decorated his face with random things she found in the yard-well, and Daddy's hunting hat.



Then we went ice skating on the driveway.
Today, she's wearing a pink summer dress. I thought I hid those suckers.

2 comments:

katherine said...

I think she looks pretty cute, but I had to laugh because before I read this I already had a post written about Anna ice skating on Christmas Day dressed in pink from head to toe.

Brianna Siegrist said...

My daughters, who are five, are the SAME WAY! Sometimes I'll be shopping with someone who will hold up a cute blue or brown dress, and I'll find myself saying... "oohhh so cute. But the twins will never wear it." I didn't think that I was that type of mom that would let my kids rule like that. But i am! :-)