February 14, 2011

Mimi's visit


We were blessed with a week with Mimi and Aunt Madisyn. They were so much fun and so helpful! I loved our time of relaxing, chatting and sippin' coffee.Ben was gone for a few days so we had lots of fun girl time. We had a Sandra Bullock movie marathon, ate lots of kettle corn and Rachel highlighted our hair. Yes, we look a tad bit tired in this picture...little did we know home highlights would take 3.5 hours! We were up past midnight livin' it up. The next night Rachel let us color her hair. Pretty brave considering I've never even seen someone color hair. Thankfully we all turned out beautifully and made lots of bonding memories.

Rachel introduced us to Turbo Fire and joined us at the Y several days. We needed to burn some calories after all the yummy food she was making us. I will say, crepes before a boot camp class is not a good idea.

Perhaps my favorite time of the week was taking Madisyn to get her first manicure. She's so mature that I often forget she's only 13. With 3 older sisters I just assumed that she would already have been initiated into the pampering world, but I felt blessed to be the one to take her.

We headed to the library on morning and this is how Alison decided to dress:

Mimi and Aunt Madisyn left just in time to miss Eli's second cold...or teething...whatever it is there is a lot of snot and slobber coming out of his face. I'm so thankful we had some time with them and look forward to our next time together.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

I love that coat Alison is wearing, where did you get that? And yay for good visits :)

Jen Shear said...

A friend from church gave Alison the coat. She said a family member got it for her in China and she was only able to wear it once or twice.