March 24, 2011

Boys

I had no idea what it would be like to be a mommy of a boy. I love the sweet snuggles, loud giggles and his adventurous spirit. But I was not prepared for the splashing in toilets, rock eating or the shoving of fingers in cats' mouths. I had no idea I'd be googling 'how to clean graham cracker crusted hand prints of lamp shades' and I certainly didn't forsee that my bathroom would be teepeed daily. Well, when Eli's not on the search for something to destroy, he's learning some pretty cute things.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Ah, that does sound like life with a boy :) We have had to put 50lb weights around the house to keep Finn from opening the oven drawer and moving his bookcase so he can get behind the gate guarding the tv. I do love the brief moments of snuggliness, like the kisses for mommy after saying prayers and the head on my shoulder when he takes a breather from creating a ruckus. I cannot imagine what life would be like with a little girl, but I assume it's probably a bit different :)

edj3 said...

Now the story about how Chickie came to be cremated on the light bulb probably makes more sense. And this is also why I continue to marvel over Alison--having never had daughters, I didn't get to experience the way they are.