March 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Ben!

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed Ben's birthday celebration-I hope he did too! We had some strata and coffee for breakfast and then headed to our new found favorite mall. We threw both kids in strollers and walked around the mall for hours. After lunch at California Pizza Company (which, P.S., no pizza compares to Ben's homemade) we headed home for naps.

The neighbors offered to watch the kids for awhile, so we headed to a nice, romantic, dinner out without the kiddos. I know the dinner was technically for Ben, but I think it was really more for me. It was so refreshing, and the food was amazing.

The kids were tired and we were completely stuffed by the time we got to the cake, but we still sang happy birthday.



I attempted to make a banjo cake...since I couldn't get him an actual instrument to add to his collection, I thought I could at least make a cake of it. It looked pretty good when I first constructed it, but then I made the mistake of stepping away for a minute. I came back to a paw swipe across it and a huge nose print in the middle. I'll just take this as a good lesson to learn before I make Eli's cake in a couple of weeks. Oh, and I couldn't find my candles, so the poor guy had to blow out a number one candle. He was a good sport about it and Alison loved the fact that she was able to put it in the cake all by herself.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the love of my life! I'm SO thankful for you!

No comments: