March 11, 2011

I win!

1 waterbottle=5,000 push ups


Ben and I had a friendly wager to see who could get a much coveted Y water bottle first.
You see, there's a display of Y exercise supplies at the back of the fitness room and I think I've said a million times, "that is the PERFECT running water bottle". You can just squirt some water in your mouth and keep going, instead of having to stop, unscrew the top and water always ends up everywhere.
Ben was sure he could use his "connections" to get one, but I guess being on staff trumps connections. Yep, I'm officially on staff at the Y and begin the process to be a group exercise instructor in the next couple of weeks. I've been teasing Ben that it also means I'm officially cooler than him too. I simply asked the exercise coordinator for one and she said she's pretty sure I've done 5,000 push ups over the course of time I've been there (that day alone we did 55). Funny thing is, I hate push ups.

3 comments:

katherine said...

I am impressed that you did 55 push ups. I'm also impressed that you are on staff at the Y. How did that come about?

Jen Shear said...

It's kind of a long story...I'll put up a post of the story soon.

CaraBrown said...

I love that being fit is a part of your lifestyle. Gotta say I'm jealous of the water bottle and the number of pushups you've cranked out. Good job!
I got your vm, and will call you on Sunday. :)