March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day with a little T




We started St. Patrick's Day off with reading 'Green Eggs and Ham' while eating some green eggs.


During school, Alison made a treasure box

and had a tea party.


Twirling her hair is a new favorite.

We went outside for a treasure hunt and ended up introducing the "see saw" to Eli. He loved it and I'm anxious for him to be able to really be able to play outside.

We read a book about St. Patrick's day last week, so Alison knew what the day was really about. But the memory I'll have of this year is her reaction to getting dressed this morning. I set her outfit out and I noticed her eyes start to tear up. She said, "Mommy, Miss Kelly (her art teacher) told me I'll get pinched if I wear green today." She had class this morning and knew she would see Miss Kelly shortly, thus getting the inflicted pinch. Poor girl was so confused all morning. Then we sat down for breakfast and she asked if it was flower day. It took me a minute to realize she was talking about shamrocks. And the cherry topper of the day: "Mommy, is tomorrow yellow day?"

No comments: