August 6, 2011

Animal Day

I made a list of activities I wanted to do with the kids this summer...none of them have been crossed off the list. Since I only have a few short weeks left, it's time to start checking them off the list.

So, we headed to Blue Bird Gap Farm on Friday.
We walked around and looked at the animals. My goal for the summer was to expose Alison as much as possible to animals in hopes of overcoming her fear of them. I failed my goal, but by a miracle she was the most calm she's ever been this trip. Eli on the other hand wanted to jump in the gate with them.

When our animal tour was done, we played on the swing set. Eli thought it was hilarious.
Alison looks terrified, but she was having fun, I promise.

Bass Pro Shop is right by the farm, so we stopped in to look at the fish. Last time we were there Alison cried because she was scared of the fish. This time she jumped up and was excited to see them. It's funny the stages of life kids grow through.
We finished our Animal Day date off with a yummy pretzel and cheese. It didn't have anything to do with animals, but it made me smile that a $2 pretzel can make all 3 of us happy campers.

No comments: