August 18, 2011

A Little Time

I thought I'd take a little time "off" the other day and get some things done. I turned on a fun show and set out some coloring stuff to entertain the kids and thought we'd enjoy a little quiet time. Eli was not entertained and our quiet time was just what he needed to figure out how to climb on top of tables. He started with the Elmo table...


and worked his way up to the kitchen table.
I seriously took him off, from sitting right smack dab in the middle of the table, at least 4 times.




Just when I thought he understood, "when I say no, I mean no!"...he found the music table.

He was eventually confined to the pack n' play. Alison asked to join him...she was pretending to be a kitty in a cage. It cracked me up-Alison WANTED to be confined...Eli was using his snack bowl as leverage to climb out.
My quiet day wasn't quiet and not much actually got done, but I did enjoy a day "off" of just playing with my kids.

3 comments:

katherine said...

Our quiet days at home are never quiet or productive either. And if it makes you feel any better, Zach has been climbing up on tables since about a month after he learned to walk. He's really good at getting down now so mostly I just leave him and the fun has worn off. His newest thing is jumping off of high places. I'm wondering how many times he needs to get hurt before he realized he doesn't know how to land yet. :)

Jen Shear said...

that does make me feel better! I hope you have another boy so we can see if this is a boy thing, or maybe just a second child thing...or maybe we just have crazy boys.

edj3 said...

I think it's a boy thing and not every boy at that. Jordan climbed and jumped like crazy, Ben did not. But generally speaking, Ben waited to do something until he knew he could do it perfectly. Jordan just tried (and failed) over and over again.