January 25, 2012

Our Patient

Ben had his wisdom teeth removed Monday morning. I confess I was excited to hear him say some funny things while coming out of anesthesia (and even had the video camera ready), but he didn't say anything out of the ordinary. He was very concerned how his surgery went and what his instructions were, and would absolutely not let me get him anything on the way home. I did think it was funny that he doesn't remember anything until we got home.

And this is where he (and the cats) spent the rest of the day.

I expected him to eat way more milkshakes and smoothies, but he's been recovering nicely. And I am totally getting a good dose of what he feels like while I'm pregnant:
Sitting in the waiting room, anxious, but there's nothing you can do.
Feeling terrible that your loved one is in pain, but know it's for the best.
Trying to get him to eat something, but he doesn't want it.

He's still a little loopy, but it's been fun to be able to take care of him. It's the least I can do after the months he's taken care of me.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

I've only ever been on the patient side of things and I agree with you. I think being on the waiting room side would be far harder. I am really looking forward to coming there in just over a week and doing whatever I can to help :-)

Kyle & Lydia said...

That's funny! Kyle had his throat scoped on Friday and was put under. He was pretty normal too but kept telling me he was back to normal and asking what the doctor said...I believed him and so ended up telling the story like 5 times. He doesn't remember anything until eating his sandwich on the couch at home :)