September 29, 2012

All my dreams have come true


I dreamed of the day when Alison would sit and read by herself.  
Today, that dream came true. 

 I knew Alison just needed the confidence to read-she can do it, she just needed to believe she could do it.  And just like that it clicked.  I don't know what made it click, but it did.  She made herself a special reading spot (a laundry basket full of stuffed animals and Eli's train pillow) and plopped down with a Dick and Jane book.  I was cooking dinner and all of the sudden I heard her reading!  This morning, she found her spot again and read all morning.  
I am one proud Momma!  She is just too stinkin' smart.


2 comments:

Jamie said...

YAY Alison!! I know you are so proud!!

katherine said...

So great that you got that on video! I need to get a video of Anna's sweet little voice reading, but for her, there wasn't a moment when she just got it. It was more of a moment for me when I realized that she was reading really well. I'm sure you will treasure that video in years to come.