September 1, 2012

Colin's Baptism

 Colin was baptized on August 12th and it was such a sweet moment for our family.  He wore the same outfit Eliot did 2 years ago and George, who married us and baptized Eliot, baptized Colin.

Praying for Colin


As a parent, this day is huge.  We don't believe that Colin is saved by being baptized, but we look forward to the day that he asks Jesus to be his Savior.  The huge part; taking vows to raise Colin to know Jesus...to pray for him and with him, to read the word to him and tell him about Jesus every single day.  It was a huge reminder that this parenting thing isn't just about making sure our kids are fed, clothed and behave well.  It's so much more.

Colin didn't make a peep the whole time, until George handed him back to me :)
Celebration lunch at the bakery


Isn't it easy to get wrapped up in the everyday schedules?  Sometimes I forget to stop and talk about the important things, when days are like this:
Eliot just wants to play Thomas, Alison's being goofy and Colin's finally zonked out in daddy's arms.

Life certainly isn't perfect and Ben and I often joke that we should rename our blog to 'A Crazy Life', but I am so thankful for what God has given us.  I am thankful for His grace and mercy that He gives us as we raise our kids.  I'm thankful that we are never alone and can always rely on His strength.



1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love love love this post!! I'm so thankful you're my friend! You are such an incredible mom.