October 20, 2013

Trip to the Zoo

Watching the giraffes eat

This week's "field trip" was to the zoo.  We started doing school once a week with a friend of mine.  They're a little ahead of us and already on the letter 'H', so we just jumped in with them.  We talked about animal's homes and habitats this week, so at the zoo we looked at the different places animals live.  Although it is really strange to think all the different animals that live at a zoo together.  Anyway, the boys loved it and Eli was most excited to see the elephants. 



Waving hi to the eagles
  Eli's favorite is the reptiles and he wanted to carefully look at each exhibit.  I had to laugh while looking at all the frogs and snakes though...I took Alison to the Detroit zoo a million times when we lived there and never once went to look at the snakes.  Now here I was reading about all the different kinds and colors.  Did you know boys love facts?  I am learning this more every day.

Our morning was full, having left for the zoo straight from the Y, so we were forced to eat lunch at Chick-fil-A.  I love eating chick-fil-a with Eli because he always asks for the free ice cream, takes one bite and remembers he doesn't like ice cream and I get the rest.  I know, some day he won't be 3 and I won't get his ice cream...gotta live while you can.  I even let the boys play on the play scape while I ate it :)


No comments: