July 11, 2015

My little athlete


Grandma is here visiting, which has allowed me to go for runs outside again (yeah!).  One morning after my run, I took the kids for a bike ride to the park.  We only played for a few minutes before they were complaining about the heat and asked to head back home to get swimsuits and go to the pool.  Colin, however, did not want to get back in the bike trailer and said it was his turn to "go for a run"...he must hear me say that too much.  So he ran next to the trailer all the way home, which is a good 1/2 mile!  

Alison collapsed on the floor with a bowl of carrots after our bike ride. 


Something must have sparked the athlete in Colin that day, because when we got to the pool he was fearless with jumping in and began to swim with me just lightly holding his waist.  He's never done that before; usually he's clinging to me at this point in the pool.


Eli's been sleeping in Ben's spot with my mom here and I would say he's a pretty happy camper.  I love watching him sleep.


We all went out to dinner last night, to the best bbq I've had in a long time. 

1 comment:

edj3 said...

Wow, look at Colin go! He got so brave!