July 20, 2015

This and That

We got dinner at the Farmer's Market last week.  They have had several food trucks there the last few weeks and I was curious to see how the food was.  It was so-so, but I was super proud of the kids for trying empanadas.

Eli was devastated when his tag fell off of blankie.  This is the second time I've had to resew the tag and I bet it won't be my last...although he's confident he'll be done with blankie when he turns 6.

It ended up being a fabulous week for soccer camp; not too hot and not too cold.  It poured one day, but not until the very end of their time.  The boys and I enjoyed some extra time at the park while we waited for Alison.

Alison's team got the trophy of the week, but I couldn't tell you what for.  I will say that I loved the positive atmosphere the camp created and they really focused on what campers were doing well and encouraged them to encourage one another.


Colin's confidence in the pool is growing!  I wish I could get a video of him in the deep end with us, but I can't catch 3 kids jumping into the pool and video :(



Check out this video clip of the mission Ben is on.  It's cool to get a deeper look at his life right now.  Although he's not on the video, he's on the team that gets off the ship and goes to the medical sites with the doctors to counsel and pray with families before their surgeries.  And when you look at the ship, know that Ben's office and room are on opposite sides of the ship with thousands of stairs in between.  Basically, he's walking 7 miles of stairs everyday!

2 comments:

edj3 said...

Aw that video! And Alison looks even MORE grown up in that first picture, if that's possible. Eli looks at home in the water too, back there behind Colin. The pool has been wonderful for you all, hasn't it?

Jen Shear said...

The pool has been a huge blessing!