July 15, 2015

My sunshine


Snapshot Sunday was a fail, but Alison was so beautiful I couldn't pass up posting this picture.  She is looking older everyday! 

She's going to soccer camp this week and we had quite the adventure finding attire for her.  Pink was a must...pink shoes, pink shin guards, pink clothes (not pictured) and a pink water cooler.   It was weird shopping for workout clothes for my daughter and I was slightly jealous that she can find $5 running shorts.  


Sunday afternoon, she was in the yard practicing before camp.  It cracked me up that Eli was out there being the goalie with a rake as his defense. 


Nana and Granddaddy sent us a fun box of snacks this week.  We took 'Seaweed crackers' to the pool with us yesterday.  Alison loved them!  However, don't follow our lead...they were not good pool snacks because they turned to mush if they got wet, which equaled a big mess.  I wanted a picture of her devouring the chips, but she was embarrassed, so this is her "do you really have to take a picture of me right now" face:
 

The last 2 mornings, I've spent some time at the soccer fields while Alison's at camp.  She's been a little anxious being there by herself and I've actually found it really refreshing being out there.  P.S. I have a whole new respect for soccer players.  I ran in the fields yesterday for my workout and it was way harder than the trail or road!  
Colin joined me today and we played at the park for a bit. 
 

My little sunshine (or little stinker, whichever one) has been insisting on eating meals in my lap.  He will eat 10x more if he does, so it's worth it, but I was really thinking we were past the spoon feeding children stage.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

WOW. Alison looks amazing in that photo, so grown up and so much like you. What a beautiful girl she is.

Jen Shear said...

I know...the picture makes me smile every time I look at it.