July 4, 2015

Keepin' Busy

This week's theme was stay as busy as possible during the day so the kids will all crash when I put them to bed.

Monday we went to the park twice!  It was unintentional, but after our trip to the Y there was a bridge lift and we decided to play at the park instead of sitting on the bridge (which really freaks me out).

Nothing like realizing your kid's pants are on backwards while at the park...



Colin grabbed my phone and actually took some pretty good pictures:
 


Tuesday, we met some friends at the zoo.
 


Eli's first tough-face picture.  I'm almost positive we have a picture of Ben looking just like this:
 



We had some playdates and spent a lot of time at the pool

The "kiss fairy" came this week (i.e. I secretly filled the hersey kiss jar that are "daddy's kisses") and Eli is convinced that the kiss fairy is real.  It really is amazing what you can get kids to believe.


We watched the Smithfield firework show last night at some friends and it was the kids' first time seeing fireworks.  They all loved it and I was thankful that it wasn't nearly as loud as I thought it would be.  It was definitely worth keeping the kids up late to see.  Plus, they think it's really crazy to be out of the house when it's dark outside, so I don't think they'll forget the evening.

2 comments:

edj3 said...

That bridge freaks me out too, the sound the tires make on that weird metal stuff is just weird. And yes, I think I know which picture of Ben you mean--he did that fierce face thing for a while, just cracked me up.

Speaking of cracking me up, is it my imagination or is Colin doing a happy dance over the kisses?

Jen Shear said...

He was definitely doing a happy dance 😊