February 16, 2017

San Diego Shopping

When the town you live in has zero options for running shoes and good dress clothes, the only logical solution is a girls trip to San Diego!


Laurel and Aline came with us and Brian watched all the boys for the whole day!  I'm not sure how to ever repay Brian, but my boys had so much fun they were so sad to be home this morning and not at the White's house.

The great thing about just shopping with the big girls is they could be a little more independent and do a little of their own shopping.  Thank you technology and Aline could text us if they needed anything.

Waiting for the mom's to come out of Loft

The mall was RIGHT on the border of Mexico and it wasn't long before we realized that we were the only white people there.  It was even weirder when I realized that I wasn't even phased by everyone speaking Spanish around me...I just wish I knew what they were saying. 

We were close to Mexico and just as close to the ocean, which meant we had to stop by and say hello.  I mean, it would be rude to not at least pay a short visit.


Yes, Aline is almost as tall as me and she's 11.  It's nice to have friends who understand the tall gene/impossible to find pants that fit phenomenon.  

Alison has been dying to get a Minecraft T-shirt but they only have them in boys.  With the boys not there to see her pick it from their section, she finally braved getting one.  
P.S. Children's Place has been the only place we've been able to find shorts that fit, so we stalked up while we were there!


While sitting on the beach, we searched Yelp for dinner options.  Alison asked for pizza and we discovered the best pizza joint.  While we were searching, we saw 'Kim's Cookie Bar' that was the only 5 star option.  So after dinner we decided we had to taste for ourselves these 5 stars.  Let me tell you, Yelp did not let us down.


It was a long day, but we will most definitely be doing it again.  And Laurel wins points for joining me on 3 crazytrain trips this deployment!

2 comments:

edj3 said...

What a fun day! And no Smashburger?!?

Jen Shear said...

I know, right? There wasn't one close to where we were but it was definitely discussed