February 8, 2017

This week

Eli and I went on a little date.  We went to Target and he really wanted to get this jacket, but considering it's going to be 90 this week, I declined on buying it.


We got him set on shoes and socks and he ate a giant snack (Eli's love language).


Alison has continued to craft away.
 


Alison and Eli got a little cold.  Nothing serious, but Colin wasn't as fortunate and got a tummy bug, so while he was contained, these two hung out by the humidifier.
 

And Maya was right by my side as I took care of the patients.  She was almost as needy as the kids!  She had to make sure they were okay and would not rest until they were.
 

Any spare moment, I would catch Alison in the dining room working on her sewing.
 

I spent some time during our recovery days, prepping some new school material.  While I was cleaning up some papers, I found this:


The next day, I said to Eli, "I found this paper you wrote.  You did a great job trying to spell out words!  (he's just beginning spelling) What's the list for?"
Eli said, "I didn't do that."
Colin chimes in, "I did!  I'm a planning a surprise for daddy when he comes home!"

I really should video school with Colin because you would think he knows NOTHING, but then he'll read a word that Eli's trying to sound out or answer Alison's math fact when she pauses or write a grocery list for daddy's party!  Sorry to ruin the surprise Ben, but your party will include; onions, grapes, popcorn and something that starts with post and hotdogs.


3 comments:

edj3 said...

I love that you can see Alison concentrating in the photo you got of her sewing. She looks single minded!

Jen Shear said...

She does have fierce concentration! It made me feel so much more at ease with her doing it herself

Jamie said...

This post has so much BIG in it. Eli looks so big! And then Alison with the sewing machine and Colin with the grocery list?!?!? Goodness, Shear Babies!! Slow down! 💕