September 29, 2017

A new school year

We started our new school year 2 weeks ago.  So far, I am loving 5th, 2nd and Kindergarten.  I am always amazed what little breaks do for our kids.  Alison came back with a whole new view of school; she's been working more diligent on note taking and been really interested in learning more.  Bonus of 5th grade is that it's starting to build her foundation of independent work.


 Alison poses have turned into gymnastic moves.


Eli can read his own lessons now, which is huge!



One night at dinner, Eli asked me out of the blue, "Momma, why don't you go to work like daddy?"  I told him that I do work; just because I don't leave the house for work, doesn't mean I'm not a teacher.  Just like he still goes to school, even though he doesn't leave the house.  Then I joked that maybe I should get dressed up, drive around the block and "go to work".  Eli got so excited.  "Would you momma?  I'll wear a uniform too!  I have just the thing to wear!" 
So the next day, while the kids were cleaning up the breakfast dishes, I got dressed, slipped outside and rang the doorbell.  When Alison finally answered the door, I said, "Welcome to Windsor Academy.  School is in session!"  Eli ran upstairs and got uniforms for them all to wear...it was hilarious.



Colin still sits in the school room happily while we work.  He writes in his notebook and participates in history and science.  His main work is at reading time. 





1 comment:

edj3 said...

I just died from all the cuteness!