September 28, 2017

Poppy's visit

Rick came to visit for a long weekend, in between meetings in LA and Phoenix.  I wish I could say we did exciting things, but we basically hung out at the house and got a few burritos.  It's been at least a year and half since we've seen Rick and the kids refused to leave his side.  Seriously, I felt a little bad for how much they smothered him. 


We spent most evenings outside, playing soccer and grilling dinner.



S'mores are a staple now.


We are blessed with very engaging grandparents.  I am confident Rick had lots of work to do to prepare for his meetings, but he never turned down an opportunity to play.


 
Colin especially felt bonded to Poppy and followed him around the house.  He would literally wait outside the bathroom door for him.  They got to hang out together while I took Alison and Eli to piano and Ben had a work emergency.  My favorite part of Rick's visit was hearing about their time together when we returned.  A telemarketer called Rick's phone and he gave the phone to Colin.  He said Colin just talked and talked and talked and eventually the salesperson just broke up laughing and said he was the cutest little boy.  Sales death by cuteness...I love it.

I found this gem on my phone.

No comments: