September 1, 2017

Highlights from our Kansas trip


 Well, for starters, I barely saw my boys because grandpa was so busy playing with them.

They had so much on their to-do list that this is what bed time was like:

I would say it was time to get ready for bed and 3 hours later they might be starting to fall asleep.  The time change worked in my favor this trip ;)

I'm super bummed I didn't get a picture with Nana and Grandaddy, but we did go to Kansas City for dinner one night and it was great to see them!

I got to go on several runs and soak up lush green views.

Alison spent a little too much time in my old bedroom, soaking up as much Disney channel as she could.  She was usually stretching while watching and had the time of her life...I can't blame her though, I watched equally as much Hallmark Channel movies.

 While Grandma and Grandpa took the kids swimming, I went shopping with Lydia!  We realized that we were wearing the same sunglasses...even states away, we still are choosing the same styles.


We had planned on spending many days out at the farm, but the storm washed out the road and made it impossible to go back.  Grandma had prepared stuff for a bonfire and roasting hotdogs and marshmallows, so plan B was a little grill in the backyard.  It was still a lot of fun.  I mean, you really can't go wrong with roasted marshmallows in our opinion.



 Eli turned into grumpster when we put on our eclipse t-shirts.  My dad was trying to get him to cheer up:


I think this is payback for all the fits I threw over socks when I was a kid.


Colin helping grandpa cook dinner:



It was a great trip and I'm so thankful we were able to go!

1 comment:

edj3 said...

I always love your travel write ups! I'm sorry too that we didn't get a photo but that's OK. We know what we each look like :)