September 5, 2017

From the mouth of Colin

Colin does not stop talking and if you stop long enough to really listen, he says the most hilarious things.  This afternoon, Ben and I were sitting in the living room, getting some flashlights ready for our upcoming cave exploring trip and Colin was sitting in the red chair playing a game.  Ben pointed out that he just sits there and talks, even if no one is in the room.  So we stopped to listen and tried very hard not to laugh.

"Eli is the best thinker, but I am the fastest runner in the house.  Me and daddy are the best fixers...we can fix anything.  Mommy is the best maker.  She makes the best GIANT grilled cheese sandwiches.  Oh, I just wanted to kiss my sandwich.  I bet mommy wanted to kiss her salad.  Alison is the best at projects.  She can make any bracelet in the world."



Also, we had the best homecoming from our Kansas trip.  The kids missed Maya so much while we were gone and Ben said that she would just walk around the house whining.  8 days is very long time in their little life.  AND Ben had deep cleaned the house, had the pantry fully stoked, the laundry all done and flowers on the table.  I felt very loved and it felt amazing to be home.




P.S. Naming our school has not been successful so far.  When we were visiting my parent's church, a lady asked Eli where he goes to school and being the very literally person that he is, said, "I don't go to school."  Face palm.

No comments: